Tuesday, November 10, 2009

5 Issues/Causes That Interest Me

1) Suicide Prevention: When I was 17 years old my best friend killed himself. Last spring, another one of my close friends committed suice. Since 2004, six teenagers total from my hometown of Needham, Massachusetts have killed themselves, a disturbing trend. This is an issue that hits very close to home for me and suicide prevention is a cause that interests me alot.

2) Teenage Depression: This is closely related to me first issue, as clinical depression is the leading cause of teen suicide in the United States, and was the primary causal factor in the suicides of my two close friends.

3) Child Abuse

4) Domestic Abuse

5) The Sticker Policy in Narragansett Rhode Island/ Rights of Students: I strongly disagree with the tactics of the Narragansett police in the way they control and manage party prevention in Narragansett, especially with their Orange sticker policy, which I feel violates many basic, constitutional rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment