Monday, November 9, 2009

Project 3- Website Redesign: Reflective Post 1

At the beginning of this project, I was a little more worried about how I was going to be able to do on it than I have been on any other assignment in the class. I felt this way because while I am fully confident in my abilities as a writer, I have little to no experience in the field of website redesign. For this reason I was a bit nervous coming into this project. The first step that helped alleviate these fears were the readings we did in preparation for the project, in particular the readings from the "Non-Designer's Web Book." This book is extremely helpful and easy to read, and reading the chapters we were assigned helped me alot in becoming familiar with key terms and concepts that I would be dealing with over the course of the website redesign project. Key terms such as proximity, alignment, repetition, and contrast, were all terms that I was completely unfamilar with previous to the reading, but after finishing the reading I really felt like I had established a sound foundation and now had a much better grasp of how to critically assess any particular web page. These readings were the first major step that allowed me to gain confidence and move forward as a productive, and helpful participant within my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment